.iTownOnline – Please provide your name as it will appear on the ballot
.iTownOnline – Please describe the specific elected office you seek
Canton Township Trustee
.iTownOnline – It helps voters to know of a candidate’s views of the big picture. In your view, what are the three greatest challenges facing the United States?
1. Guide the return to stability in the financial markets, which in turn will aid the housing markets.
2. Job growth to aid local housing markets.
3. Get us out of Iraq as quickly and cleanly as possible as it indirectly impacts 1st 2 items and allows us as a nation to focus on America’s needs.
.iTownOnline – Localizing the above question, what are the three greatest issues or challenges facing the geographic area you seek to represent, specific to the duties of the elected office you seek?
1. Due to the economic conditions Canton Township will face declining taxable values which will require very difficult decisions to be made.
2. Maintain Canton Township as a safe and vibrant community without increasing taxes or allow a reduction of services for its residents.
3. Roads –encourage an improved level of cooperation between Canton Township and Wayne County based on a sharing of resources and maximization of collaborative efforts to improve traffic flow and maintenance on Wayne County owned roads.
.iTownOnline – What are your plans for addressing the immediately above described challenges if/when you are elected?
I am a business professional dedicated to our community, having served as a leader in both private and public sectors. I have a long history of bringing diverse groups of individuals together to create positive outcomes. I am currently an automotive account manager and a Partner in EZ Groom, a Michigan manufacturing company.
1. Due to the economic conditions throughout Michigan, Canton Township for the first time in its current history will face declining taxable values which will require very difficult decisions to be made. I am uniquely qualified to help guide the Township through budgets and policies that will enable the Board and its Executive Team to maintain Canton Township as a safe and vibrant community. – Prudent and transparent use of Taxpayer money.
2. Roads – I will encourage an improved level of cooperation between Canton Township and Wayne County based on a sharing of resources and maximization of collaborative efforts to improve traffic flow and maintenance of the Wayne County owned roads.
3. I will encourage private investment to differentiate Canton from its neighboring communities for the enhancement of property values, improved quality of life and seek to bring high end jobs to Canton Township.
.iTownOnline – What other issues and challenges do you plan to address? How will you address them?
I will find it a challenge and a pleasure to identify and eliminate wasteful spending.
This will be done by asking difficult questions and following up on behalf of all impacted stakeholders.
.iTownOnline – What are your qualifications for the office you seek?
Associates in Applied Science, Metallurgy - Schoolcraft College
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
MBA, Master of Business Administration - Lawrence Technological University
Occupation: Employed as an Account Manager with Automotive Components Holdings, LLC a Ford Motor Company subsidiary and currently a Partner in EZ-Groom a Michigan based manufacturer of pet cleaning/grooming products.
Experience: Prior to joining ACH/Visteon/Ford Pat was employed with Welduction Inc., a Canton based machine building operation. Welduction grew to become six separate business operations located in Canton and Livonia and Pat went on to become a Partner/General Manager of the automotive supplier heat treating division. Williams and his partners sold the company to Bodycote, PLC in 1998.
.iTownOnline – By what criteria do you feel the performance of an elected official should be judged?
1. Engaged participation in all Canton Township affairs that are the responsibility of a Canton Township Trustee.
2. Responsiveness to requests from Residents and other stakeholders.
3. Delivering on promises made during Campaign process.
4. Long term impact and quality of decisions made.
.iTownOnline – We may not have asked a question you want to answer. Aside from your responses to the above, what additional information or message to potential voters would you like to convey?
Please review my website for more detailed information regarding my dedication to the Canton Community and my qualifications to be your representative as a Canton Township Trustee. www.patrickjohnwilliams.com.
.iTownOnline – Thank you! Please provide a closing comment...
Pat Williams is a Business Professional dedicated to Community service with a history of bringing diverse groups of individuals together to plan and create positive outcomes. www.patrickjohnwilliams.com.